Monday, March 29, 2010

Getting my hands dirty


This weekend was productive to say the least. I mowed the lawn for the first time in more than a year (it sucks not having a man around). I also turned up the dirt in the back yard hoping to encourage grass growth. I really want the house to look its best when people come to look at it and I figure that a big red dirt spot in the back lawn is somewhat of a deterrent.


I also pulled the weeds up around the house and came out with a thorn in my pinkie that won't budge. Ouch. I also planted my garden and watered it. I am not planting as much this year since I will have to move it. Just cherry tomatoes, peas, lettuce and peppers. All things that can be moved.


I also "staged" the house a little. The place looked depressing, mostly because it is, but I didn't want people to get that feel when they come in. (Can you tell that I really want to leave?)


I unpacked one of my nic nac boxes and filled the shelves in the living room again, put the picture above the mantel up and put some glasses back on the hutch in the kitchen. Although this place still serves as my prison on the solitary confinement block, I have to do what is best for the showings. Right?


This week I plan on steam cleaning the carpets as well. I also want to find that grass seed "as seen on TV" crap that is suppose to grow anywhere and see if that will fix the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment