Sunday, March 21, 2010

S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G, tell me what it means to me


Saturday was such a gorgeous day that I just couldn't spend it inside.

That morning I went for a run around my neighborhood and down to the pond and playground. I could not get over how beautiful it was. I also noticed that there are close to ten houses for sale. It is going to be difficult for my landlady to sell this house, especially for how much she is asking. I liked going around the neighborhood though. I felt connected for a minute to the outside world. I saw one person's driveway with faded chalk drawings, another person with a garden that incorporated a light pole and an arbor in their back yard. One house had these little porcelain figurines in the front yard that I distinctly remember my mother having when I was a child in the laundry room. It gave me a good chuckle.

So, how do I continue this terrific day, I decided that I needed to go shopping. I was planning this trip with my ex, it was a surprise, so obviously when he left, I had all the money that I had saved up. I haven't spent it all yet, nor have a sold my engagement setting yet, but I think that it is a good reward to myself for coming this far. Everyone is telling me that I am taking this really well considering the circumstances, and they are impressed with my weight loss (Frannie and Jackie, I promise that I AM eating).

I have a really hard time explaining how much better and great I feel after working out, but it is really making me feel like my old self if not more. I really feel alive again. I feel like I am breaking out of the shadows and casting my own, finally.

I also had a great time with Mel on Friday at the baseball game. Go team! Plus I was able to eat sushi with her and not have a reaction.

Today was great too with Frannie and the boys. I am ashamed at how long it has been since I have seen them all. Thanks again everyone for such a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to go to the game with me, even though they lost. Nick took it much better than I expected. The cookies my have helped lol

    ReplyDelete