Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Balanced out

Last night, in spite of my feelings towards the sub, I decided to go to spin class. Its not that she is a bad person or that I hate her or anything. Its that she is too nice and I never feel like I get a good workout with her, and she does the same thing over, and over, and over again. Mix it up lady.

I was feeling particularly happy last night, so, I decided that it could be a good way to top off my already incredible workout. While during one of our numerous hill climbs (that's right, there are no mountains in her class. Just flat roads and hills. Boring.) I decided to test out my abs. After all, I have been doing some pretty intense ab work to make them stronger. So, I got into first position, and slowly, I let go of the handle bars. There, in all my glory, I "climbed a hill" with no hands. Wooo. That's right, no hands ma!

I was so fascinated by it, that the other 250 times that we did it, I would try to let go for as long as I could. Others would just slunk down into aggressive, but not me, I was standing straight and tall for all to see (except for the fact that I always sit in the back).

Although I didn't feel like I worked as hard that night as I have in the past with the regular instructor, I did sweat a good bit. So, all in all, last night was a good workout and I feel great today. In fact, I feel better than I have in a long time.

Oh, and Sarah N., that shirt of yours that I stole from your Plato's pile doesn't fit anymore. Hahaha. Yes.

2 comments:

  1. Are you referring to the blue button up blouse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. I wore it yesterday and it was huge on me. Made my middle look much larger than it really is.

    ReplyDelete