Monday, August 2, 2010

"Another great weekend" -Rickey


Yes, yes Rickey it was.

On Friday I came into work and my coworker looked at me like I was nuts. Okay, maybe I am, but this is nothing new. I asked why I warranted such a look.

"Its Friday. Where are you going?"

"What do you mean?"

"Its Friday."

"Yeah?"

"Where are your jeans?"

"I don't own any?"

And then I got another look. Excuse me for wearing a day dress on casual Friday. My bad.

Anyway, towards the end of the day, I helped one of the partners move furniture out of the smaller conference room for these young attorneys that are going to rent the space from us. They were suppose to be here two weeks ago, but yeah... I was pretty impressed with myself, we didn't break anything and I was quiet helpful, dress and all.

Friday night I just stayed at home and did laundry and went grocery shopping. (But somehow forgot the milk. How do I always forget the milk?) I actually did manage to get to bed early.

When I woke up the next day, I turned and looked at the clock. 10:00 o'clock, nah, can be, that would mean that I slept for 11 hours straight! Apparently my body was very tired. After all, in the last two weeks I had only missed one day of working out.

Then I got up and headed off on my great adventures. First stop, baby shower. Yay, Andrea is having a baby. It was great to meet her mom and brother from out of town. They drove... 7 or 6 states to be there for the weekend. That's dedication. After helping "mom" and "dad" load the car, it was off to my next stop. The big ATL. (Doesn't it seem like I am always there?)

First I drove to see my friend perform in a dance show. I passed the building like six times before I actually found it. You need a bigger sign people! I started freaking out because I hate being lost, even more so in a town that I am not familiar with. I stopped at a gas station to use the restroom and then to try and find my way via GPS on my phone. When I entered the store, I got harassed by what I think was a woman. She wouldn't leave me alone. All I wanted to do was use the restroom, please let me go. Ahh.

Needless to say, I was sort of a wreck, so I stopped and got a bite to eat, calmed down and then met up with my friend Rickey to see Britt perform.

I left during the intermission though, because it was time for my next stop. Sarah S. and Sarah N. were on they way back from California. So, I headed over to Sarah N.'s apartment to await her arrival.

I sat there for an hour. An hour. Her neighbors felt sorry for me and tried to bring me out something to sit on. I was fine though. I just got tired of pacing back and forth in front of her door looking like a moron, so I decided to sit in front of her door like a moron. Oh well. Thanks to Adam B., for keeping me company.

Finally, they arrived. Apparently the hold up was the fact that Sarah N.'s parents were side swiped on their way to the airport, and being the man that Mr. N. is, he chased them down to get the license number. You go boy! We chatted for a bit, and then I changed into PJ's and watched Sarah N. unpack and then we watched TV. Okay, maybe she did and I just feel asleep on the couch. I had a really long day people.

Anyway, the next day, I was up bright and early. Showered, got ready for the day ahead and then... I sat, and I sat, and then I sat some more. Sarah apparently had no intentions of getting an early start. It wasn't until 2 that we left her apartment for our first stop of the day.

IKEA!! Wooo, my favorite store. She had never been and since she has been in her apartment for over a year now, it was time to decorate. So we walked through the displays, which are my favorite parts. Took pictures, and I got to see what a possible apartment of mine will look like since I may be moving into a 695 square foot space. (Someone shoot me now)

Can I please just go ahead and buy my NYC pint house? Please.

Anyway, whilst we were in the process of picking a majestic palm tree, later to be name Pablo, I ran into a familiar face. I thought that I had seen his wife walking around, but I just dismissed it. But, there he was, a face from my past. Santana. We chatted for a minute, asked about each other's work and so forth. He then offered me his old LSAT books and an actually test. Who knows where he got it, but hey, pass it over. Yay for connections. This is why you never burn your bridges people.

The funny thing is that last weekend I ran into another old face. I ran into Chase while I was out shopping with my mom. He married my old roommate from college, and apparently they are still married. That is a real shocker because that woman was nuts, and he knew it too.

Anyway, then after all our shopping, it was time for Sarah and I to decorate. We started hanging things on her wall when she starting getting text messages like rapid fire while I was stuck holding this large wall hanging. "Um , Sarah, could you help please?"

She downloaded the level app on her phone just so we could make sure that it was all straight and what not. I had to use her pink tool kit though. Really? I guess I really have no room to talk though, mine is purple.

After hanging everything and checking it out, it started raining like crazy. Looks like its time for me to move on to my next stop.

I navigated my way through midtown in the pouring rain, although, I was thoroughly surprised. I did quiet well, although, I have to admit, I did know the area from a long time ago.

You guessed it, the doc. I spent a lot of time in Atlanta during the three years that we dated. As I was driving I kept thinking, "Oh, yeah, didn't what's her face live over there? Isn't that where we got Thai that one time?"

Isn't it strange some of the things that you remember? Anyway, I finally got to my destination, got my dutch oven, which was two minutes prior used as a hat. Ewww. "Would anyone like pasta to go along with that hair?" Oh well, Matt and I chatted for a second in the rain. Sorry that your car got wet.

Then it was time to turn around again, and I was off. The rain was coming down harder than before and it was really difficult to see. But, I made record time back to town. 70 minutes. That's right, 70 minutes.

I went to Sarah S.'s house to a little dinner and to find out how the trip was for her. We talked for a long time, and dinner was fantastic. Baked fish with lemon, tomato and mozzarella salad and red mashed potatoes. I also told her about another little stop and chat of mine. While stopped at a red light in Lawrenceville, who should pull up next to me but her ex. Awesome. He rolled down his window, so I couldn't ignore him. Awkward to the umpteenth degree. Thank goodness it was a short light.

Ahh, and now, its Monday, and the punches keep on coming. When will life finally slow down? At this rate, I'm afraid that I will miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment