Friday, August 13, 2010

Joey

Joey started late freshman year. He didn't start until Spring Semester, which I didn't know you could do. He moved into one of the vacant rooms at Terrell with his friend Josh. I remember the first night back. I was looking for Sarah N. and someone said that they had seen her on the second floor. Off I went. I found her sitting on Joey's bed sandwiched between Joey and Josh watching the Goonies. I walked in, introduced myself, and later on because Joey's surrogate big sister.


Ben, Sarah S., Me, Rachel, Mike, Alison, Her Friend (?), Lindsay, Melissa, Joey, Sarah N, and Deanna. (Billy took the picture and surprised everyone. That's why the smiles look fake.)
We would sit and talk for hours on end about life, Virlyn and his girlfriend, Joanna. She was in Japan doing a study abroad program for her dance school. I quickly learned that Joey was incapable of keeping a secret though. Such a girl when it came to gossip. Geez.

Joey would often been seen walking about campus wearing his Florida Gator shaped hat with either the theme song or the game blaring out of his book bag. "Hey Joe, Gator fan are ya?" If you valued your sanity, you would never get into a debate with him over sports. He even ran a pool once on the football season and got written up by the RA's for "gambling" or encouraging it or something.

I didn't see Joey much after sophomore year sadly. Now, he is married and with two children and I only see him or communicate with him via facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment