Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eli

I met Eli during his freshman year. He was a resident on my hall, but I was not his direct RA. I went over to visit his room for the first time and some how ended up breaking his dry erase board. Sorry.

The first time that I came into his room, he and a few of his friends and myself and a another RA played Rummy together. I had never played it before and they were teaching me. My first game I won. Imagine that. He offered me a coke during one of the breaks and I said, "No, no, I can get, don't get up." At that point, Eli jumped up, dove over the card table and landed on the fridge door. Apparently he didn't know that I was a "cool" RA and really didn't care what he had in there.

Eli was actually the one who corrupted me in the ways of alcohol. Sad to say, but true. I was 19 and a freshman was teaching me how to drink. We had some great times in that building. For Halloween, he and his buddy Chris dressed up as inmates, but Eli went a step further and got a mullet wig. Awesome! That night at Capital was a fun one, I'll tell you what. Well, except for the walking back part, that pretty much sucked.

When I moved into my first apartment during second semester, he and Jason (another one of my residents) would come over and have dinner with me every Tuesday. We would trade off each week as to who's turn it was to cook. One night, it was like two in the morning and I woke up hearing my name being called out over a pa system from outside. I got up, opened my door and walked out on the back porch. It was Eli in his jeep. He told me to get dressed and that we were going out. "And just where are we going this time of night?"

He took me to a friends house and we went out for a late night joy ride on the lake. It was so cold, but it was so much fun. I learned so much about the lake that night too. Apparently there is this drive up (in your boat) dock gas station. So cool. And there is this one guy who turned his pontoon boat into a weird Frankenstein monster of a boat house. Really odd to look it.

He and I would also go swimming a lot at other people's apartment complexes, usually not even telling them that we were there. "Hey buddy, what's up?"

When Eli moved into his house, he was waiting for his roommate to come back from a summer in DC. While Eli was getting settled, I helped him decorate and put together most of his furniture. We then discussed ways of kicking out JD (his roommate) and how to move me in. Muahahaha. Yeah, but that didn't happen. I stayed with the evil Russian. I did spend a lot of time over there though. He threw a lot of awesome parties, many times they would lead to Waffle House to late night sobering up. I would crash on his sofa and when I would wake up, he would be making us muffins (usually blueberry) for breakfast. Geez I love him.

He would also let me do my laundry over there so that I wouldn't have to drag it all the way to Atlanta to do it at my boyfriend's house. I think that it use to make him mad though. He would call and ask what I was doing and before I could even answer, "Let me guess, you are either at Eli's, out with Eli, or you are out with the gang." Do I sense tension?

My favorite memory was the bond fire. That was so much fun. We dug a hole, but some rocks around said hole, and threw a bunch of crap in. That whole night was so funny. Billy was so drunk and jumping around the fire or on logs that I was chopping for the fire. Sarah and Eli were hanging out (I tried to hook them up) and Sarah N. was talking to Eli's buddy from Atlanta. He was such a cutie.

I partied a lot with him. Every time that he moved, there were new neighbors to get to know and home warming bashed to be thrown.

My senior year, he and his girlfriend (also my friend) came with all of us to the beach. It was Sarah and Ben, Eli and Amanda, Mike and I, and my oldest friend from growing up, Darcy. Darcy being the odd man out got the couch. Mike and I had the room with the twin beds and he started calling me his 1950's wife. Aren't you funny?

That was a great trip though. All we did was drink beer on the beach, eat sushi and pizza and hang out in the hot tub. Mike did leave early though. He had a meeting with an advisor in regards to the seminary. See Mike, you could have stayed that extra day and wouldn't have had to drive back by yourself. Oh well, shoulda coulda woulda, right.

I was so sad when I left Milly. Although I did visit him a time or two, and he did make the trip up here a few times himself.

Now, my dear friend Eli is married to Amanda. Their wedding was so much fun and they looked so happy. Gosh I miss them. Okay, that's it, I'm calling them!

No comments:

Post a Comment