Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Turn up the heat


Back in May, or at least I think it was, my air conditioner at the house went out. Fantastic, just when the heat couldn't be worse. My landlady went through like three mechanics before she found one that she liked. The whole experience was, well, yeah. I blogged about it a while ago.

Anyway, during that time, because it was so hot, I got into the habit of taking cold showers. Ever since then, I have had a hard time in turning up the temperature. Lately, however, I've forced myself to gradually raise the lever. Every time that I do, I get this shock that runs through me.

Anyone who has ever lived with me or roomed with me at a hotel can attest that when this happens I have the automatic response to jump. I don't know, I just do. One time this happened when Sarah and I first moved up here. Sarah N. was visiting for the weekend and they both came running into the bathroom to make sure that I was okay because in the process I knocked over three bottles and made a loud bang. Ooops, sorry.

When we all lived together in Milly, the walls were paper thin, so they got to here the small thump, thump, thump, a lot. Although, the time that they were scared the most was when I took a bath in their tub. My bathroom only had a shower in it, boo. Anyway, Sarah S. had just come home from a night at the hospital, Sarah N. and Ben C. were hanging out in her room. Sarah S. asked where I was and was informed that I was in the tub. "How long has she been in there?" When no one could answer her question, she freaked out. She knocked on the door, heard no response and came running in.

(Background info required. I like to completely submerge myself in the water. I like to block out all noises except for my breathing and heartbeat. You should try it sometime.)

Well, when she saw that I was underwater, she thought that I had drowned and was freaking out and then Sarah N. came running into the room. Wow, I'm so glad that they care, but how about a little privacy please.

Well, the other day, I managed to turn the heat up so that it was necessary to use the vent in the bathroom for once. It felt great, and just what my sore muscles needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment