Thursday, August 19, 2010

Journey to the Twilight Zone

This past weekend seemed like the longest weekend of my life, but yet, flew by so quickly. Dududu dududu, how does that happen?

Friday Sarah S. and I had plans to go running after she returned from the hospital and check on her friend who was in labor. (He name is Berkley and he is soooo cute). So, I get to Sarah's house, change clothes, and we are out the door. Yay, we are running out of her subdivision, crossed the road and we are a few blocks down the road. We had a deer popped out in front of us at one point. Then, our ever so magnificent plans were thwarted by ever increasing water droplets falling from the sky.

We then begin running back to her house. With a new plan in place, I chatted with her new roommate (who happens to be a sorority sister) while she packed for the night ahead. We reach my house and remove the furniture from the living room. Why, because its Turbo time! Shake your body, come on now and groove it!

We did the all too familiar cardio party and ab jam. We use to do them all the time that we have the monologues memorized. "Step it to the back, come, and step it to the back." At one point, back in the day, Sarah tried to do the videos listening to different music, but was unsuccessful. The timing gets all screwed up.

Afterwards, it was like 9 and we showered, got dressed and headed off to dinner after finally making a selection. We were urbanspooning trying to find somewhere new or somewhere we had never been to. None of them were open that late. Oh well. We both got the big Zack Snack. We were so hungry and exhausted that we cleaned our plates. That never happens.

One our way downtown and trying to find a place to park (why do we ever circle, just go straight to the parking deck and call it a night) we found out some pretty amazing news. Lindsay had just gotten engaged that day! Wooo, its about freaking time y'all.

Our first stop was to our favorite place, the Winery. Femme Fatal for two please. Then we headed over to Allgood to check out this ring. We saw an old familiar face. Michael, who's wife recently had a baby was out. Apparently his wife, Carey, was asleep and he woke her so that he could bring him out. Okie dokie. I can just imagine how that convo went. "Hey, hey, wake up, I wanna go out." (I can just him poking her in the head).

I gave him a great big hug. The last time that I saw him, it was at his place, they had not yet announced the pregnancy, and we were playing cranium. He got all mad because Lindsay were kicking butts and taking names.

He just started looking at me. "You've cut your hair, and its lighter, and you've lost weight." Wow, very observant (no sarcasm here, believe it or not.)

After drinking half of Lindsay's and my own "Plan B," yes that is what it is called, we ran into Jamie. We were on our way out and I couldn't finish mine, so he did, in less than five seconds.

Then we headed over to see another friend while he worked our other usual place. He made me another kick you in the butt drink.

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful, particularly since I couldn't sleep. I think that I went to bed at 3:30.

Saturday morning was an early one for me. I woke up at 5:30 unable to sleep anymore. So, I cleaned the house in prep for a viewing and went to the store for more food for Mo. I left it out and then I was on my way.

Every time that I drive to Atlanta, I get more and more shocked at how well I know my way around. I use to, just in the last few years, get so scared there, but its like I finally woke up and all this usual navigational knowledge came back to me. When I got off the highway, I remember and knew exactly where I was. I almost turned down a road thinking that I was going somewhere else instead of my actual destination because I had done it so many times. Serious déjà vu. I past the grocery store where I use to go shopping with a certain individual. I went down roads that I would travel almost every weekend. Crazy.

This was also the weekend that my baby bro was moving in to his new college. When I went over to see him, I had another flood of memories. Like the first time that I moved into my first apartment. I was so scared. I remembered waking up in the middle of the night, and not knowing where I was.

His place was a little cramped though with all the boxing and such. I asked him to stop for a minute and come out and hang with Sarah N. and I. He said "no" because apparently he had so much to do. Dude, you have all weekend to do this.

Oh well, I got her all to myself. So, we went to Lenox for some of my very special and expensive makeup. It lasts forever though. In fact, I just now finished off the powder that Matt gave me on our first Christmas together. (See, told ya).

After that, and a little people watching, it was time to go elsewhere. We were going to try to watch this competition that was going on in one of the parks, like those stupid obstacle courses where people get hurt, but were worried about the weather changing on us. So, after a few unsuccessful stops at a few stores, we went home for a quick nap.

After which, I dove into Sarah's closet looking for something for me to borrow for the night. Yep, this one will work. I was shocked to see that I actually own more shoes than her. Then we headed for dinner at this great place called Tap. It was so cool. I want to go back. YUM.

Then it was time to hit midtown. We went to this place that is two stories tall and has like five bars there. There were people everywhere. Then we met Tony and Kenny. Tony came up and starting telling us this story about his best friend and started talking to Sarah. Then, a few minutes later, his friend Kenny (das German) came over and started talking to me. Man, you can't fake that accent. Apparently he works for BMW and is only here for two more weeks. He is also an amateur photographer and runner. He had pics on his iphone 4. I was more interested in the phone and playing with it than I was the pictures, but they were really good. Plus, the phone's apps were in German. It was really weird looking at it.



Finally, it was time to head home. We woke up the next day feeling kinda crappy and decided that we needed some brunch. I finally met the infamous Dale. He is so cute and he bought me a white mocha. Already on my good side.

On our way back to the car, Sarah and I both kind of cocked our heads to the side and noticed that there was this giant dent in her car. CSI Sarah was on the case. We called the police, they came and examined it and found only one explanation... the valet.



Stay tuned for that story wrap up.

No comments:

Post a Comment