Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Melissa


Half of the dynamic duo of Lin & Mel, I met her the same night as Lindsay.

I thought that she was such an interesting person. No fear of letting people know what you though about them. "You are stupid. Move on."

We really got closer during my senior year when we were in History together. It was one of those classes that if you took it, you could be exempt from that portion of the Regent's Exam, and let's face it, it was a silly test to begin with. Although, when we signed up for, we had no idea what was to come.

Our teacher was this crazy lady from Boston who tried to be more eccentric than she really was. She always wore inappropriate outfits and would hop up on the desk. "Cross you legs lady!"

We had a great time in there, working on our project and making fun of the instructor. During this time was also when she and her bf at the time, now her husband, got their first dog. Little Tux. He was so cute. I remember the first time that I saw them with the little guy. It was right before class and they were sitting on the front lawn. I walked up to say hi and Tux peed all on my leg. "Well, hello to you too!"

It was so funny, nothing a little dip in the fountain can't handle. Especially if that weird barefoot guy with the cane and dreads put bubbles into it again.

Moving on.

She would accompany us to the Brick on numerous occasions and of course for Thursday night pizza. Geez, we had a routine, huh? She also came along for my 22 bday celebration at Little Tokyo where this guy in a fish hat sang "Mary had a little lamb" to me. Hmmm, okie dokie then.

When she and Lindsay moved into an apartment together, I loved going over there. Not only to see them, but also because the Grove had this awesome hill that you had to come down. During that time I had the Sportage and it was great putting the car in neutral and cruising through. At the bottom of it, there were several grooves that had been cut into the pavement from people doing it in low riding cars. Those dodos.

I remember when she first told me that she was engaged. I couldn't believe. Then I remembered when she set the date. I thought that sounded so far off, but, its already come and gone.



Right before her wedding, a few weeks prior I guess, she and I would Turbo Jam in my living room and then talk for hours. Then we got in the habit of going and getting sushi every Friday, but now that someone has a fancy job that requires them to work really long hours, its hard to get together.

She really pulled through for me during the first few months of this year. She has been a great friend and I cannot express how much she really means to me, and what all she has done for me.

I am so proud of her and Nick. They are just steadily moving along and following their path. I love it, just not the fact that she lives so far away now. Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment