Monday, August 16, 2010

Lindsay

I first met Lindsay during her freshman year at GCSU. She was this cute, blonde, bubbly little girl, and I like her instantly. (Not much as really changed)

She just got engaged too. Wow! I cannot believe it, and I am so happy for her.

Anyway, because she was so serious about her studies (we are talking about college right, hahaha) we didn't see much of her during the week. She and Melissa would come ever so often to Tuesday Night Wing night and partake in the delicious deals.

She would also join in on the Thursday trips to Luigi's for pizza and garlic knots. Those things were the best, and incredibly bad for you.

We really didn't start hanging out a lot whole lot until after I had graduated and moved up here where she was finishing her education. So, since she is still in school, this post totally counts.

She took me to my first tailgating party. I had never done anything like this before. My first game was with my ex from college, but we never tailgating. We were just lame and actually went to the game and got there on time, not five hours early for beer, dogs and fun games.

That day was so much fun, and I didn't even get burned.


Her 21st birthday party was a blast. She had just moved, and she moved down the block from me, it was great! Sarah N. was staying the weekend with me and we had gone to a friend's house to pick roses for her on her special day, and then of course, the necessary bottle of legal booze.

When we got there, the place was packed. I had so much fun that night, and I didn't even get drunk. Although people to this day will still swear up and down that I was, but I'm sticking to my story.

The main reason was that I had fallen down. We were playing pong on the back deck and I was wearing a pair of flip flops that lacked proper tread. Well, I was chasing after a renegade ball and slipped and smacked right down on my butt. Ouch. Sarah N. was trying to help me up, but she was laughing too hard. I think that it was actually Dustin that grabbed my hand, and I was laughing so much that I wasn't any help either.

Later that night, I decided to look over the edge of the balcony to see just how many balls have gone overboard. As I was doing it, some of her friends (Eva and Eric) came over and thought that I was about to fall or something, and they were the drunk ones. Oh well, like I said, I was fine.

This year, I think that we have spent more time together than we have in a long time, which is impressive considering that she is in pharmacy school now. Last year and the year before, I use to go to her house and watch True blood with her and her man, Dustin. They had HBO and, well, yeah, I'm cheap. It was always a great night.

This one time, we went over to a couple that we know, Michael and Carey, for some board games. We, Lin and I, were on a team and it was my turn to draw and her's to guess. I had barely finished making a "bubble" like body under some waves when she screamed out, "Sea Monkey!" We won. It pissed Michael off so much. "How do you get sea monkey out of that? How? What? You guys suck."

When we were already meeting up at my place to carpool out to Ben's wedding, it was so funny. She showed up with curler's in her hair and a scarf wrapped around them. She finished doing her hair on the way. She was soooo cute, I just couldn't stand it.

During the reception, she and Mel were going on and on about what Mel's wedding should look like. They were just going a mile a minute and it was difficult to follow them have the time. Billy just looked at me and said, "They have literally been like this since high school."

I had dinner with her the other night, and although we have matured some (I said some) she is still just as cute and energetic as she was before.

I know that I have said this in the past, but Lin, thanks for making me feel so welcome when I moved here. I really appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment