Monday, July 26, 2010

Birthday Extravaganza

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Dear (oh crap, who is it again?), Happy Birthday to you!
This weekend, I celebrated, three, that's right, three birthdays. A four year old's, a two year old's and a (hang on, let me count), forty-one year old's birthday. Whew. I am exhausted.

B-day 1 was for my most adorable, sweet, and loving nephew. He has already learned that whatever his mom won't give him, the chances are that Aunt Merwy will. Oops, have I already spoiled him that much? Sorry Frannie.

His birthday was a blast. The theme was rocket ships, robots and outer space. So, Frannie and Jai decorated accordingly and I supplied the cake to match. He was so excited. He came running up when I got there and climbed the nearest chair to look at it on the table. For his present, I got him a rocket ship that when you stomp on the launcher, it shoots up and a trail of bubbles are created. It was a lot of fun (yes, Aunt Merwy played with it).

My favorite present of his though, I have to say was this guy. Hahaha. Apparently in Asia a pro biker requires training wheels and when you turn this guy on, he plays the most horrendous high pitched version of "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. My brother-in-law, as he so poetically said, "Do you want to hear the second most awful sound in the world?"

B-day 2. It was my cousin's son's birthday. I won't blame you if you can't follow that. He is my second cousin, but rather than confuse the guy more than necessary, he calls me Aunt Mere, or he would if he could talk. Off I went to the furthest corner of this great state to go and visit my cousins. (It actually isn't that far, just seems like it).

They had two kiddie pools out there for the toddlers and to help them beat the heat. Unfortunately, the adults only had two fans on the patio. Where's my inflatable pool shaped like a squirrel, huh?

It was great seeing everyone and hanging out with my family. I also got to see my uncle (who is young enough to be my brother, so that's how he gets treated) who lives out in California. With him he brought his new girlfriend for inspection. I felt so sorry for her. Just bring this girl out to a state that she has never been in and dump her in the middle of a family function and see if she can swim. Ha, I can't say much though, I did the same thing to Matt at my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. Ooops.

She seems nice, but we will just have to wait and see what she says about us when she gets back to her reality and away from all this craziness.

Bday 3 was my other brother-like uncle. He, however did not have a party. I did talk to him on the phone after sending him his present via grandparent courier. Love you Uncle Matt, you're the man!!

Anyway, after all that, it was time to travel back to my reality. I tell you what, getting up this morning was no easy task. I am loving how busy I have been lately, but hopefully it will slow down soon and I can have a short break, for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment