Friday, July 16, 2010

Yes, I am a nerd, back off

So, for my vacation, Britt, Rickey and I headed to the Magical Wizarding World of HP. That's right, I'm 25 and I went to HP, drank a butterbeer and road the ride in the Hogwart's Castle. So sue me.

It was great, and I had a fantastic time.


On the way down there, we had fun singing, talking and of course a little mischief.






Driving Ms. Daisy anyone?

When we finally pull up to hotel and checked in, apparently they did not book us a double. Not cool. Then, when we got to the room that they had assigned us, oh geez, what a nightmare. There was no air conditioner, just a hole where it should be. The dresser was pulled out from the wall and the television was missing. Ahhhh. Leave it to Britt to go down there and open a can of whop ass.

Finally, when we got situated in the final and last room that they had assigned us, it was time to get this vaca under way.

We decided to hit the pool since the ride was so long and the next day we were heading out of town again. When we got down there though, there must have been a birthday party or something because there were tons, and I mean tons of people. There wasn't a five foot gap for even the lightest of swimming activities. Every few minutes a large group of guys were carrying and dumping someone in the deep end, which wasn't very deep. Then the security guard came out and kicked everyone out. Well, that was short lived.

The next morning, we got up early enough to hit the free continental breakfast. It was packed. Everyone from the pool the night before was down there, and it seemed like they were all waiting in line for a waffle too. While standing in line for the waffle maker, Rickey, Brittany and I munched on some Lucky Charms, after all, they are magically delicious.

After Breakfast, it was time to head out. To Augustine we go, high ho, high ho. We met up with a friend of Britt and Rickey's that I had met previously a while back at their wedding. We went shopping and had to restrain ourselves, but somehow still made it out with chocolate chip cookies. Oh well, its vaca right?

The beach was a little stormy, but we still have fun. It was a bit frightening every now and then to look over and seen in the distance a huge bolt of lightening striking the water, but no one died. All is well.

After the beach it was time to hose off and head out for some dinner. Not before a little friendly domestic dispute that is.




After dinner, which was delicious, we got our own private ghost tour. Heather, our friend, lives in St. Augustine and she used to give tours with one of those companies in the old part of town. We walked down to the fort where she told us some toe curling stories and I will admit, I got the shivers a few times myself. It was a great time though. Afterwards, it was time to head back to Orlando. I did all I could to try to stay awake because I was so tired from the day's activities.

The next morning, well, we slept in. McD's for us. When we got to the park, it was daja vu for me. I hadn't been there in eight years or so. It was like being that kid all over again. It was awesome. We rode all the classics and a few newbies too. The new coaster at Universal Studios was amazing. It takes you straight, and I mean a complete vertical rise, up to the first hill where it just lets you go. The best part is that you get to customize you ride by picking which song you want to play during the course of the adventure. They also shoot a video of you for the entire ride for purchase. Hahahaha. I bet mine was hilarious. I screamed, hooted and hollered like crazy.

The last stop of our evening was HP. It was so cool, and we had waited so long that most of the children in the park had already left. The main attraction wait was usually about two to three hours. We only stood in like for 45 minutes. That's right, we know how to play. Britt and I rode the Dragon Challenge probably about four times as well. The wait to get into many of the shops was crazy, so I opted out for many of them. I have a thing about tight spaces and lots of people. No thank you!

They rest of the trip was easy going and a blast. We just rode the rides and kicked it easy. I was so impressed that we were able to get Rickey to actually ride one coaster. He is sensitive when it comes to those and he took a big step and believed us when we said it wasn't bad.

Very proud Rickey, very proud.

I had a great time hanging out with them, but at the same time, so glad to be home. You never really realize how much you miss it until you leave. My bed never felt so comfortable. Although the first day back at work was a crazy one for me (it really felt like Monday), it still wasn't too bad. Now I just have to catch up on my school work and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment