Thursday, July 8, 2010

My climb to Victory

Last night I had a dream about that tree at the lake that I so desperately wanted to climb, but Kevin would not allow it.

I am about 15 pounds away from my final goal (its really less, but I always tend to short change myself), and for some reason, that tree in my dream represents the finish line. I want to scale the 30 foot climb, stand up, gather my courage and confidence, count to three, and jump!

I want to be able to let go of all fear and hesitation. I have always been scared of uncontrolled heights. Heck, just standing on my counter top to get a dish from the top shelf was scary.

Back in December, I think I pushed myself more than I had in a long time. I went to the City Museum in St. Louis. There they have old airplanes suspended in mid air. The only way to get there is to climb. Well, I did it. I climbed all over that place, inside and out. I even went under the floor in a tight squeeze and almost got stuck, but I did it.




So, why not the tree? Why not just let go? Next time I go there, down to the lake, I am going to do it. I think that I owe it to myself, I've come so far, therefore I can't deny myself this.

2 comments:

  1. You should totally go for it! And don't let Kevin stop you this time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you will be there to witness it!

    ReplyDelete