Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pushing the Envelope

Yesterday I had a test in Corp Law. Just like me to forget the taxation importance for every buisness organization. My bad. Although, after talking to many of the other students, most of them felt pretty crappy afterwards as well. Seeing our general vacant expressions and lack of enthuasim, our teacher let us out early after only a few slides into the new chapter.

Having all this extra time on my hands and being particularly brain dead, I decided to go for a run. Not much thinking required there, right? Well, I got my key, locked the house, and began to stretch in the driveway. While doing so, a neighbor walked by with her dog that I see all the time when I run. I started thinking about how many times I had gone around those familar blocks and down to the playground, etc. Then I decided it needed to be done. I was going to do it.

I started towards the front of the neighborhood, rounded the corner, and out I went. So many times I have driven that path, but never, never I had step foot on it. It felt strange and exhilarating all at the same time. I ran to the fire station, thought to myself, you've come this far, keep going. So I did. I rounded the next corner, and kept going. I ran out of sidewalk, so I crossed the street and starting running down that side. I did a mini hurdle jump over someone's recycle bin they had left out on the curb.

I am so proud of myself for pushing my comfort zone that much. I ran all the way down to the EPA. Next time, I might run to the loop. Who knows?

I did learn something though, running while chewing gum is disgusting. I spat it out on my way back into some pushes. Bluh.

No comments:

Post a Comment