Wednesday, July 21, 2010

He can come out at any time...

I was talking to my boss this morning. Catching up and seeing how she was doing with the final countdown starting up soon. She is scheduled for early September, and then little baby boy will be here. So exciting.

She said that she was finished with being pregnant. I said, "So you aren't one of those happy pregnant women, like that family with 20 kids." Her quick reply was "No!"

She started telling me about how lethargic she was feeling every day when she hadn't done anything particularly tiresome. Her "usual" comfortable spots like the couch or just lying down weren't now. She said that she is just uncomfortable all the time. Luckily, she said, there simply isn't enough room anymore from him to be kicking her rib cage. Instead, however, she gets elbowed in the rib cage. Which is really worse?

She just kept going on and on about how terrible it is and then she stared down at her lump and said, "You can come out anytime now, you hear that!."

I have to admit, I already knew that I was going to wait until my mid 30's for kids simply because I just have so much I need to get done before even thinking about it. She further told me that if I really wanted to put myself off the entire idea, that all I needed to do was attend one of her birthing classes. She said the stretch marks alone would be enough to deter me.

2 comments:

  1. It's all worth it... but man it can suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She hasn't gotten to the worth it part yet, well obviously, but hopefully that will kick in shortly.

    ReplyDelete