Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kicking the habit


Each day is never fully up and running until I have my cup of coffee in hand. I will usually go through three by the time lunch rolls around. Many times I just take a sip without looking or thinking anything about it. However, lately, when I take a glance down at my cup, I am horrified at the sight.

There is a ring, a thick one, signifying each sip that I take throughout the morning. I use to joke saying that "who knows what this is doing to my stomach." My step brother told me once to just not think about it, and carry on.

Well, for the past two mornings, my coffee has had something new added to the mix. A film floating on the surface, swirling in all its delight at contaminating my morning wake up. Ugh. Where did it come from? I know that its not the cup because I use a different one every morning. Today, just to experiment and in an effort to find the true perpetrator, I used a disposal cup. Nope, still there. Its not the pot either because I have washed in thoroughly on several occasions.

So the mystery is still... well a mystery.

In light of this, I have decided that since I have been an addict of the brown caffeinated, death in a cup, for eight years now, that perhaps its time for me to put it down. I am really not even suppose to have caffeine, truth be told.

My real dilemma is trying to find a suitable substitute. What else can open my still squinty eyes in the morning? What else can make staring into the computer not feel like looking into the sun?

I am open to any and all suggestions, so lay them on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment