Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ouch...Oh Crap, what the &*%$!!!!!!!

Well, Britt finally finished posting the pictures, so I can now finish this post. I really need to get a camera.
This past weekend, the 4th of July weekend to be exact, was the best weekend by far. It really was the weekend that seem to never end. Well, until I had to go back to work that is.
This time, instead of following the weekend in chronological order, like I normally do, I decided to mix things up. I shall share this adventure in reverse.

Monday

One word can really sum up this entire day. Ouch. My body was in so much pain and was sore and bruised all over. Bruises I didn't even realize that I had until I was washing up for bed.

That morning, Sarah N. and I were suppose to head over to the pool for one last day in the sun before heading back to reality. Yep, that didn't happen. We looked at each other and without saying a word, we knew that we were just going to hang out and watch movies all day. Which we did. Sarah S. came over too for a little bit to partake in a movie before going to the gym. Lame Sarah, very lame. :)

Sunday

Whoohooo! Happy 4th everybody!! It also happens to be my Uncle David's birthday too!

What a day on the lake. Sarah N. and I had spent the day at Rickey and Brittany's the night before and woke up tired but ready to go. Unfortunately, Rickey had to work that day so he couldn't come to the lake with us.

After some home made waffles curtesy of our lovely host, it was time to head out. The second, and I mean the second, that we got there, it was time to get on the boat. We packed probably more people on there than we should have, but we were on a mission. My cousin Jeffrey skiied out to our destination, and then it was play time. We rode out to the cove with the rope swings. With my new bathing suit on and no fear of accidentally exposing myself, I climbed the platform, held on and swung out.

When I landed and came out of the water, I realized that I did something stupid. When I fell into the water, some how I got the rope tangled on my leg and I had rope burn down my left thigh and calf. The same leg with the sprained ankle. I must not like that side of my body or something. Oh well, that didn't stop me from doing it again.





There is also this tree with steps all the way up. Basically you just climb the tree and jump out from it. Sarah N. did and then I was ready to go, but Kevin wouldn't let me. He said that he did not want to have to explain to our mother why I was broken. Next time, next time I will do it. You just wait.

After our "Tarzan" impersonations, it was time to head back. My cousin, Jeffrey, is a cop and had to go back to work. Well shoot. Its okay though, he left his wife and son with us to continue in the fun.

Later, it was time for some tubing, and oh did we! Battle tubing galore. Sarah N. kept falling off. I fell a few times, mainly because Sarah N. would fall and then land on my tube and ontop of me and throw us both off. Gee, thanks girl. Appreciate it.

Needless to say, we all, Sarah N., Britt and I are covered with bruises, tube abrasions and the other such injuries.

Saturday

Wow. I am getting old. It was way to difficult to get going after the previous night's adventures. A 25 year old body does not recovery nearly as fast as a 24 year old body, that is for sure.

After a couple of glasses of water, some sleeping in and a nice shower, it was time to head out.


For some reason, this little town that I have to pass through to get to the lake had closed down its town square. I don't know how to get back on the road that I need to be on without going through the square. Crap. I asked some of the event security and volunteers, and none of them could help. "Sorry ma'am, I'm not from around here."
Well then, Sarah N. got out my phone and pulled up the GPS. I parked examined the map, and with a few detours and turn arounds, finally got back to where I needed to be. I finally arrived to the lake house to see my dear friends Rickey and Brittany. They are by far one of my most favorite couples to hang with. You are never the third wheel with them. Its great.

We headed out onto the lake with Rickey's father behind the wheel. "Ouch, crap, geez that hurt. I really think that he is trying to kill us. What the &*%$!"
At one point, during an episode of battle tubing, apparently I became a Sub-mere-rine. Rickey, who was our spotter, said that he turned away for a mintue, then looked back and did not see me nor the tube. He thought that it had broken free and I was floating out on the lake somewhere. Then, all of the sudden, I popped up from under the water. I was completely submerged, but I was still hanging on to the tube, which means that I did not fall and it did not count towards Britt's win. Ha!

Finally, my time was over. I got to enjoy watching Britt and Sarah N. duke it out for a minute, and only a minute. Then they decided that we needed to double up on the larger tube. So, it was Britt and I against Sarah N. on her one tube. "You're going down chica!"


After all the fun, and once the exhaustion had set in, it was time from some fireworks. They were so pretty and there were mutliple people out there doing them, so we got a great show.

When we got back to Britt's to stay the night, Sarah N. and I passed out after washing up. I slept so sound that I don't think I moved once.

Friday


Friday at work was a long day. The morning went by fast, but the afternoon lasted a life time. I had to walk almost five miles and back to do some research for a case of ours at work. The really impressive part was that I did it in flip flops and made it back in one piece and before the office had closed.

After closing up the office, it was time to meet Sarah N. and Sarah S. at the grocery store to buy our ingredients to make our home made pizza for dinner. It was so yummy.

Then we were ready to get the night underway. We got all dolled up and rolled out to downtown. What a great night. We met a couple that Sarah N. had met one year on a cruise of her's that she had made friends with and kept in touch. They were so much fun.

We went to our usuals and danced the night away. I had no idea that Jamie could dance swing with me. He was fabulous. I haven't had a suitable, and willing, partner to dance with in such a long time. Thanks Jamie.

Our finally stop was 8e's bar. I love that place. They play all my favorites. What a great time.

We finally got back at like 3 or something. My cat was not pleased with us.

Oh well, he'll deal.

Away, thanks to all my buddies for a fantastic weekend. Ya'll keep me going and feeling young.

2 comments:

  1. wow!!! Sweet Moses on a bicycle! You are looking fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks hun, but I didn't know that Moses had a bike. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete