Friday, July 9, 2010

From Casual to Frumpy Fridays

Its Friday. Wooohooo. One day left until my most excellent vacation. I tell you what, its going to be hard to have to work an actual full work week when I get back. Ugh.

Lately, however, Friday's have not been my favorite. Sure, its the last day of the week, you get to dress down for work, but I never feel my best on these days. Why you might ask? I have no clothes that fit.

Its an on going dilemma with me. For instance, today I am wearing one of my favorite pairs of pants. Mainly because they are sentimental to me more than anything. Its the pair of pants that I purchased back when I lost my first pant size. I love these, but here they are, literally hanging off my butt. I look like an old bag women with these on.

Its upsetting that I did not have one pair of causal pants that I can wear with a straight face. Not even jeans. I told myself that until I stop losing weight and are just maintaining myself, I will only purchase clothes from consignment shops like Cilly's or Plato's. It just seems so wasteful to purchase clothes at full or even marked down prices knowing that they aren't going to fit in a month.

I think that I really understand the frustration that my parents went through with all of us. However, unlike now, they had hand-me-downs to rely on. I have no one that I can take clothes from. Sarah S. is close in size, but she is petite. Sarah N. has no hips (or maybe I just have enough for the both of us) and Frannie, ha, don't make me laugh. The woman doesn't break 100 pounds unless she is pregnant.

I have already given most of my old clothes away, mainly to a friend that I tried to get into spinning with me because she expressed the interest in losing some pounds. However, I gave up (and I'm sorry to say that) on her when she stood me up a few weeks ago. She said that she was coming, never showed and she did not respond to any of my text messages when I was trying to locate her. I guess you can't help people who just don't want it.

Anyway, unfortunately these pants are bound for the sell bin at Plato's. That is if they will take them. If not, perhaps I will keep this pair, in the back of my closet somewhere to remind me of just how far I have come.

Next month, I'm going shopping, I absolutely have to, otherwise I will have nothing, literally, nothing to wear. Sarah N., I will need your unfailing shopping guidance for this trip. So, mark your calendar.

2 comments:

  1. Try going for some skirts that have an elastic band. This worked well for me when I was pregnant and gained weight really quickly.

    By the way-- I'm super proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just let me know when you want to go shopping :)

    ReplyDelete